Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Madalyn's Updates!

When Madalyn was born she did not pass her hearing test on the left side, therefore Dr. Korte referred us to St. Louis Children's. Monday was our check up and she tested fairly well, especially for a two-year-old. Jason and I would have given her a 95% for attention skills. Anyway the doctor also said her ears were clear of any fluid or excess wax and that her ear canals appeared to be growing right along with her growth rate. Therefore we are clear until she is 3-years-old.

Also today Maddy had a 24 month well check. She measured at 33 1/2 inches tall and 24.1 pounds. She is small but a perfect Madalyn Grace Dunning. Her speech and language is very good and Dr. Korte said probably will be potty training in the next several months. Again not having to be seen again until she is three. Dr. Korte is going to refer us to St. Louis Children's for a second opinion on her left eye tear duct issues, I'll keep you posted.

So two doctors appointments in one week. Which is all great and fine, however I think we might have determined she possibly gets car sick. I'm hesitant to say for sure because we can really only confirm two times that there has been no underlying issues, flu or whatever. Sunday on our way to the Zoo, she was fine for an hour an half, we stopped for lunch and ate in the car. Our second go around of the Zoo parking lot looking for a parking space and she yaks everywhere all over everything. Today traveling to the doctors office from the far side of Marion to the far side of Carbondale with milk in sippy cup. We get all the way to the doctors office parking lot and she yaks everywhere all over everything again! Now looking back on the incident, the funny part is I had to strip her down to a white onesie in the parking lot and she walked into the doctors office with the white onesie and her dress shoes she had on with a dress. Mind you the white onesie had been wiped down, therefore looking like she just competed in a wet t-shirt contest. By the time we got done at the doctors office and were walking out, I said what the heck forget the white onesie. Yep she was naked with her dress shoes on. Great parenting, yes Mom I've learned my lesson and I will be putting extra clothes to keep in my car just in case.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Glad to hear all is well! Can't get any better news than that!! Love the sweet pics of Cal...what a doll. I'm sure Matt & Casey are on cloud nine! Congrats again to the whole family!