Sunday, August 8, 2010

Madalyn's First Stitches

I should also mention I was out of town when this happened. So thank you to my husband for desperately trying to get a hold of me, I will never not carry my phone again. And also thank you to four great girls who kept it together for me while I was freaking out because I was three and a half hours away. This picture was after J got her cleaned up and in the Jeep ready to go to the ER. J said she thought they were going swimming at this point and she just kept wiping the blood away with her hand.

And here is the trooper after getting her stitches. J said she did cry because that wrapped her up in this sheet like a mummy and she couldn't suck her thumb or get to her tag/blankie, but with a popsicle and bubbles provided by the nurses afterwords she was set. He set the Carbondale ER was awesome getting her in and out of their in no time. We had the stitches taken out on Thursday of last week by a plastic surgeon she said things look pretty good. Hopefully the scar will fade gracefully.

No comments: