
A week ago Saturday we had a very unfortunate accident at our house. Our very loving Shitzu CeCe bit my baby girl on the lip. We have always trusted Madalyn around both of our family dogs, the Boxer Zeus and our Shitzu CeCe. She was introduced to them both slowly as a baby and we worried how things would go once she started crawling but we saw no problems whatsoever. We taught Madalyn about staying away from their areas such as their kennels and the food bowls, but on this day that was not enough. Madalyn with permission gave Zeus a kiss and then did the same for CeCe, however she did not respond well. She turned and bit Madalyn on the lip, that required an Emergency Room visit and two stitches. So I don't feel CeCe deserves to be put to sleep. She is a great dog and always has been, however we can not take the chance of her biting Madalyn again, a new baby or any other child that would come into our house. I find myself devastated that we have to give her away but I realize there isn't any other easy option. We have always been dog lovers, but now we are kid lovers too and they come first. So if anyone is looking for a good, house broken, six-year-old, Shitzu, that does not have small children. I would really appreciate giving her to a loving and caring home. Please contact me through my blog and I will get back with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment