I received Peyton's bedding the second week in February. It took me a very long time to decide what I wanted. I knew we were using the furniture we had used for Madalyn which is black. And believe it or not it was very hard to find bedding that I loved that matched the black furniture. All of the boys bedding that I could find the background color was usually brown and that was not satisfying me. Until I found the website of Mod Pea Pod, very cute stuff and lots of variety. So here it is. I picked out the paint prior to having the bedding, so I was a little concerned the colors might be off. But if I must say so myself I think I did a pretty good job. Here is Peyton posing with his bedding, behind him is his comforter.
Here is a full shot of the bedding in the crib. Love it!!! Love the personalization with his name. The fitted sheet was made by a local lady thanks to a referral (thank you Nina). The sheet is black mink dot material, so soft wish my sheet was made out of it.
And here is my glider. Previously used for Maddy it was a light pink color. I found this material at Hobby Lobby and loved it. I first contacted a lady out of the phone book Raymond's Custom Upholestry located on old Rt. 13. The reason I'm telling you this is because she wanted to charge me $400 to recover this glider. I could by 3 new gliders for that price. RIDICULOUS!!!! And in the midst of her telling me this my 2-year-old is throwing a fit literally crawling out of the story in tantrum stage. MORE RIDICULOUS!!! Anyway I knew this friend had previously used a lady and come to find out she was located no joke on my way to work. Called her up and without even looking at the chair she quoted me $50-60. WOW!!!!! Sold, I'll be there on Monday to drop off the material and cushions. Upon meeting her I asked about her doing the fitted sheet was skeptical because she had never done one but she succeeded all of my expectations and more. And she charged me $40, needless to say I gave her a very well deserved tip!!! Very sweet, kind, and talented lady.
Here is the changing table and such we used for Maddy, now in Peyton's room. I found the changing pad at Target by coincidence. I have lots left to do like hang things on the wall and get the chair rail up but all in good time it will happen. Love his little hamper too, Hobby Lobby!!!
The lamp in the corner is Chicago Bears, it is temporary. Have I mentioned how much I love the painting, thank you Jason (and his helpers, Diane and Keith) and the bedding.
1 comment:
I soooo love his bedding!! What a nutjob to even ask you for $400 to re-do your glider!! I'm calling your lady asap!
Post a Comment