Just in case we had a room full of people when Maddy came we put a note on the door that said. "The Big Sister is very excited about her new Baby Brother. But change is hard so her parents ask that you please greet the Big Sister first." Everyone has done a wonderful job helping out with this request. We even put it on our front door at home.
Here was Madalyn Grace on her first introduction to meeting her little brother. Nanny and PawPaw let her pick out these balloons because she thought Peyton needed them to celebrate his birthday!!! She was so excited when she came into the room and saw him. Her face just beamed with excitement.
This is Monday morning when she left for day care. She again did wonderful. I think the funny face is because she had bubble gum in her mouth. I was not prepared to watch her leave for day care. It felt like she was going to kindergarten, boo hoo!!
Here was Madalyn Grace on her first introduction to meeting her little brother. Nanny and PawPaw let her pick out these balloons because she thought Peyton needed them to celebrate his birthday!!! She was so excited when she came into the room and saw him. Her face just beamed with excitement.
Oh my goodness, this is one of my favorites so far. She truly shows this much love for him already!!! I wish she could understand how wonderful she has done with the transition of her brothers arrival. She worries about him when he is crying and likes to sit and talk to him when he is nursing or getting his diaper changed.
I think Jason and I probably over prepared her for the arrival of Peyton. But Madalyn deals with circumstances much better when she is aware of events and such prior to them happening. I know this can't always be done, but for this occasion we had nine months. Some of the funnier moments since Peyton has arrived include her trying to feed him (funny because I'm breastfeeding). She lifted her shirt and said "I want to feed him." It is so cute when he is crying and she tries to soothe him, "It's okay Peyton." Sometimes repeating things we say like, "that was a big yawn" or "here you go little buddy." So cute!!! She is doing wonderful and we are very proud of her.
Thank you to everyone who has helped out with Madalyn Grace in the past week in a half. Mrs. Betsy, Aunt Tracey, Nanny, PawPaw, MawMaw, and Keith!!! I don't know what we would do without you.
No comments:
Post a Comment