Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Introducing Peyton Myles Dunning

Our little Mr. arrived on Friday, January 28, 2011 at 4:49 a.m. Exactly two weeks early he weighed 8.2 pounds and 20 inches long. So Thursday evening Jason and I had an extensive conversation regarding any questions or concerns we had for Dr. Gates who we planned on seeing the next morning at 9:00 a.m., for my 38 week appointment. Went to bed about 11:00 p.m. and woke up at 12:00 a.m. because my water broke. Woke Jason up as calmly as possible and got out of bed as quickly as possible. Tid bit because we are sleeping on a brand new mattress that we received less than one week ago. Anyway over to the tile floor because fluid keeps leaking, CONTINUOUSLY! So we follow our plan and contact our on call "middle of the night sitter" Aunt Tracey. She was over within ten minutes, no problem. I should also mention that in the midst of the chaos of my water breaking, I think Jason and I were a little loud, because the Big Sister woke up. Oops! Something we weren't really prepared for, but she handled it very well, really didn't have a clue what was going on even though I did tell her and she went back to sleep before Aunt Tracey even got here. So off to the hospital we go. Much calmer ride than it was with Maddy. I was not having any contractions at this point. By the time we got to the hospital I was feeling a little bit of pressure in my back but still nothing major. Started to have stronger contractions once we were in the room. The first time they checked me at the hospital I was dilated to a 4 and then it took me about two hours to get to a 6. However, I believe Dr. Gates got to the hospital about 3:30/4:00 and when he checked me I was a 9. They had given me something to take the edge off and help me progress faster. Dr. Gates said it probably took my pain level from a 10 to a 9 but I definitely think it helped me progress faster. He told me at 4:30 that Peyton would be here by the top of the hour and he was right on. I thought I had forgotten what it felt like for the need and how to push, but it definitely all came back to me. Did I mention I had no epidural, again!!!! I didn't really feel I had time but it was definitely by choice. As I said Jason and I had that conversation on Thursday evening and that was one of the big topics. He wanted to know if he should encourage me to get it or not. And my thing was if my labor and delivery is going to go like Madalyn's did then I don't want an epidural so encourage me to be strong and keep going but if I'm going to lay there for 10 more hours then I want the epidural!!!

So meet Peyton Myles Dunning Look at those lips

Little brother waiting to meet his Big Sister

Our first family photo

I of course have lots more to post. The Big Sister is doing absolutely wonderful and is so proud.

No comments: